Tropical fruits are extremely beneficial to the body. Tropical fruits are fruits that are grown in the tropics (warm climates). Tropical fruits include pomegranates, papaya, bananas, mangoes, avocados, pineapples, etc.
Tropical fruits are loaded with so much nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. Some tropical fruits even have medicinal benefits. In this brief article, we are going to take a look at some great health benefits of tropical fruits.
Reasons why you should eat more tropical fruits
Below are the health benefits you stand to get from adding tropical fruits to your diet:
- The mango is a great tropical fruit which is succulent and very tasty. But in addition to this, the leaves of the mango plant are very good for healing bruises because of their great anti-inflammatory properties.
- Fresh pineapple is very good for the body because it helps in reducing inflammation in the body. This is possible because of an enzyme in pineapple called bromelain.
- Banana is a tropical fruit that can enhance your mood and make you feel happier. This sounds strange. But believe it or not studies have shown that eating cereal along with a banana can enhance a person’s mood and make them feel happier. Experts say that this is possible because of the fact that bananas contain a great deal of vitamin B6, which plays a crucial role in regulating a person’s mood.
- Bananas are also extremely good for regulating a person’s blood pressure because of the fact that they are very rich in electrolyte potassium.
- Mangoes and Papayas are very good sources of carotenoids, and as a result of that they are very good for women as they help in reducing their risks of developing breast cancer. According to a study that was published in the International Journal of Cancer in 2009, women who still menstruate who ate substantial amounts of carotenoid-rich foods on a daily basis reduced their risk of suffering from breast cancer by an amazing 17 percent.
- Another great health benefit of tropical fruits is the fact that some of them can help in protecting your heart. Papaya for instance is one tropical fruit that protects the heart. It is a powerful antioxidant and very heart-friendly.
- Tropical fruits can also take care of your kidneys. A fruit like banana has been proven by studies to help lower a person’s risk of developing kidney cancer. Recently in the Scandinavian country of Sweden, researchers found out that women who ate a banana more often reduced their risks of kidney cancer by about 50 percent as compared to women who did not.
- Avocado is a tropical fruit that has been shown to play a major role in lowering cholesterol level in a person. According to some health experts, eating avocadoes in conjunction with other vegetables, you absorb more nutrients than you would if you ate the vegetables alone.
- Coconut water contains a great deal of health benefits for the body. The coconut water helps prevent dehydration and is a very good drink for sportsmen and women.
The above-mentioned are some of the great health benefits of tropical fruits. Tropical fruits are good for you and your health. In order to be healthy and strong you have to add more fruits to your diets. Remember that you are what you eat.
Source: Best Health Mag: 5 Reasons To Eat More Tropical Fruits