This article takes a look at some very famous people and celebrities who never finished school. Although these people dropped out of school, today they have accrued so much fame and wealth, I personally think they made the right choice dropping out of school.
So without any further ado, I’d like to introduce to you my list of famous people who stopped school. They are as follows:
Famous People Who Dropped Out Of School
- Ellen DeGeneres. Who doesn’t know Ellen DeGeneres? As a matter of fact this popular talk show hostess is a household name in America and one of the most influential women in America. Ellen DeGeneres enrolled at the University of New Orleans but after just one semester she dropped out apparently she found out that was not what she needed.
- Thomas Edison. This man is one of the smartest inventors to have been born on Earth. Without Thomas Edison there would be no light. Thomas said, ‘Let there be light, and there was light’. Thomas Edison is known all over the world for his invention of the light bulb. But what many people don’t know about this great inventor is that he dropped out of school at the age of 12 to work and never looked back. He was too smart for school I guess.
- James Cameron. Mr. Cameron is one of the best movie directors in the world. Over the years this brilliant director has made several big movies, but he is best known for his incredible work in the movies, ‘Titanic’ and ‘Avatar’. James Cameron attended Fullerton College where he studied Physics, but along the line he took a decision to drop out. Soon he dropped out from the college and became a truck driver, for his destiny was to become one of the world’s greatest movie directors.
- Pablo Picasso. Sometimes I can’t help but wonder what this world would have been like without the great works of Pablo Picasso. While a young man, Picasso was fortunate to attend one of Spain’s most prestigious art schools, the Royal Academy of Fine Arts, but interestingly, the young Picasso felt that school wasn’t for him so he dropped out. And today I believe many people would agree with me when I say dropping out of school was the best thing Picasso did, considering what became of his life.
- Bill Gates. If you do not know Bill Gates then I can’t help but wonder under what rock you have been hiding. Bill Gates is synonymous with computers. Without Bill Gates there would be no Microsoft. Mr. Gates a couple of years again gained so much wealth from his Microsoft that he was the richest man in the world. This was a position he held for several years. Bill Gates makes this list because he dropped out of University to pursue his dream and passion, which he ended up achieving. Bill Gates to me is one of the greatest men in the world.
- Matt Mullenweg. If you know the very popular blogging site WordPress then you must also know Matt Mullenweg because he is the founder of WordPress. Mullenweg dropped out of the University of Houston in 2004 because he had a burning desire to bring something new into this world. Having dropped out of school, Mullenweg focused on his goal in life. It did not take too long for him to achieve it. Today WordPress has brought Matt Mullenweg immense fame and wealth beyond his wildest imagination.
- David Karp. Do you know the famous site Tumblr? I guess you probably even use it. David Karp is the creator of that amazing social networking site called Tumblr. For David Karp, school wasn’t his cup of tea so he decided to part with it at a very early age. He never graduated from high school. He had better things to do with his life than spending it in school. I guess his decision has literally paid off. Today Karp is one of the most recognizable faces in the internet world. In addition to that the youngster is also a millionaire.
- Mark Zuckerberg. This is another very recognizable face in the world of the internet, technology and now business. When you think of Facebook the first person that comes to your mind is Mark Zuckerberg because Facebook is Mark Zuckerberg’s brainchild. Mr. Zuckerberg attended the prestigious Harvard University, but decided to quickly drop out to focus on something he felt was bigger than a degree from Harvard, Facebook. Today Facebook is the biggest social networking site on Earth and has over 1 billion people from all over the world. With the massive success of Facebook also came massive fame and wealth for Mark Zuckerberg. Today he is one of the richest and most powerful men in the world. This is something I think a Harvard degree would have probably been unable to give him.
- Walt Disney. I think I don’t need to tell you who or what Walt Disney is. The name and brand is so popular it needs no introduction. But what you need to know about Walt Disney as a person is that he dropped out of high school at the age of 16. His intention was to join the army but he was not accepted because he was too young. Frustrated, young Walt Disney joined the Red Cross and traveled to Europe where he stayed for some time before returning to America. It was at this time the brand Walt Disney began emerging.
- Yoko Ono. If you know John Lennon then you must know Yoko too. She was John Lennon’s wife until his death. Yoko dropped out of the Sarah Lawrence College to focus on her art. Today she is best known as an artist and the wife of John Lennon.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald. Mr. Fitzgerald is one of the greatest novelists from America. He authored one of the most famous books in the world entitled ‘The Great Gatsby’. But before Fitzgerald could do that he had to drop out of Princeton. He had more talent in him than Princeton could give him.
- Steve Jobs. Steve Jobs was one of the greatest and smartest men this world has ever seen. He co-founded Apple Computer and Pixar Animation. At the time of his death, Steve Jobs was a multi billionaire and one of the most influential people in America. Steve Job’s creations made life easier for so many people all over the world. Jobs dropped out of Reed College in the United States after just six months of being a student. He then travelled outside the United States for a while and then returned to Silicon Valley where he met Steve Wozniak for the creation of Apple Computers. Steve Jobs once said in an interview that as at the time he dropped out of college, he was confused and had no idea what he would do with his life. He said he did not see how college was going to help him figure out what to do with his life.
- Paul Thomas Anderson. Mr. Anderson is a well-known writer and director from America. For his awesome works, Anderson has been nominated for five Academy Awards. One of his best known movies is ‘There Will Be Blood’. Anderson attended the prestigious NYU film school but dropped out after just two days of being a student. Rumors have it that Anderson dropped out because one of his professors disrespected one of his favorite movies, ‘Terminator 2’. Can you believe that?
- Ray Bradbury. Ray Bradbury made name and wealth for himself with his brilliant fiction writings. He became even more successful with the release of one of his bestselling books entitled ‘Fahrenheit 451’. Today Bradbury is one of America’s best known writers. According to Bradbury, he saw no point going to college. He said instead of going to college he went to the library.
- At number 15 comes about 99 percent of famous musicians, actors, models, and sports men and women. For example: Madonna, Lady Gaga, Prince, James Brown, Michael Jackson, Eminem, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Phil Collins, Elton John, Bob Dylan, Tom Cruise, Nicholas Cage, Heidi Klum, Clint Eastwood, Britney Spears, Drew Barrymore, Johnny Depp, Tom Hanks, George Clooney, Robert De Niro, 50 Cent, Dr Dre, Taylor Swift etc.
One thing I have noticed about life is that you do not necessarily need a college education to make it in life providing you have talent, the brain, the looks, the determination and the connections.
My list of ‘Famous people who didn’t finish school’ as you can clearly see contains people who did not need a college education before they were able to make it in life. They probably had one or more of the things that I mentioned above. But the interesting thing here is that for every successful person in that list who dropped out of school there are about a 1,000 others who never became successful. So think about that before you make your decision.
NOTE: Hosbeg.com is for Sale!!This site is for sale. Hosbeg.com is now officially for sale!! If you are interested in buying this great website, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for further details. Hosbeg.com was established in February 2013, and was first monetized in 2014. With thousands of very high-quality and relevant articles on topics such as health, fitness, entertainment, business, technology, etc, Hosbeg.com has the potential to grow into one of the biggest and most important sites online. Get in touch with us now if you are interested in buying this website.